Some of my favourite sites for additional information about the game, addons/addon packs and more!
- YS Flight Official Website - Where it all began! This is the author's main website for the simulator. You can download the latest stable release or, when he releases it, the latest beta-test version of the game. The download comes ready with over 40 different types of planes, many sceneries/maps and driveable ground objects like the stock jeep for instance (2013 version and later). This website also has the Scenery Editor, a program you can use to create new maps/sceneries or modify existing ones. The simplicity of YS Flight Simulator is a major draw for those who love flight simming, plus, it is one of those games where literally, the sky is the limit. By the way, did I mention this is a completely free simulator? Yes, completely free.
- YS Flight Headquarters (YSFHQ) - This is the largest English-based YSFS fansite. If you like YSFS, you owe it to yourself to at least check this out. Now with over 1,000 members, YSFHQ has become one of the "go-to" sites to access the world of YS Flight. This is a true multi-national online community, where you'll find members from several different countries. Here you'll have access to various servers for online flying, a large addons/mods base, helpful tutorials on everything from installing addons to creating your own sceneries and aircraft, combat and civilian squads (virtual airlines and aerobatics), and more!
- YS Flight@2ch - Home of the 187 Server, 2ch is a website that has been around for more than a decade. It is one of the most popular Japanese YS Flight websites and hosts several different sceneries, aircraft and also contains the download of the famous General Air Combat repaint pack (GACrp). If you don't speak Japanese, I recommend you use Google Chrome, which has a handy translator in the address bar you can use to translate the page.
- Taskforce 58's YS Flight Hangar - TF58 is a veteran when it comes to aircraft, vehicles and maps for YS Flight. One of the early "pioneers" of high-quality aircraft and modding, his works span from a simple (yet detailed enough) fire engine and simple airliners to highly-detailed works like the Boeing 747-400, MiG 15s/21s, modifications of the C-17 GlobeMaster and the Boeing 757... not to mention high-quality works like the sceneries of Cold Lake Air Base, Canada and Edwards Air Force Base in California. I have only scratched the surface here, the list goes on and on. There's no way I could do justice to his fantastic addons and mods in words, so go visit his website and get all of his packs. Highly recommended!
- Akira's YS Flight Field - Contains a detailed repaint of Taskforce 58's Boeing 747-400 in All Nippon Airways' colours. Very nicely done I might add!
- CHF Pack - If detailed is what you're looking for (read: MSFS quality), then you're at the right place. CHF is well-known for accurately created, original works, such as the Boeing 777 (all variants), the Kawasaki C-2, P-1 and OH-2, and other downloadables such as detailed weapons. A must-visit site for any YSFS user.
- C.K. Packs - A large variety of addon packs here, including the famous Control's Expansion Packs (CEP 1 and CEP 2), Buta Packs, KZS Packs (combat and civilian aircraft, as well as sceneries), and more!
- Decaff's Addons - Since joining YSFHQ in 2011, decaff has emerged as one of the "cream-of-the-crop" addon and repaint masters for YS Flight. His creations span quite a few models, most notably high-detailed models including but not limited to: the B717-200, B727-100/-200/-200Adv, B737NG, B757-200, B767-200ER/-300ER/-400ER, B747-8F/-8I, upgraded quality B707-300, and most recently The Bombardier C-Series and the Lockheed Martin F-35. This website's a must-visit for any YS fan.
- Matthew's Addons and Creations (M.A.C.) - Contains extremely detailed and picturesque sceneries/maps for YSFS. Ranging from the highly popular Scenery Pack A that contains the very detailed Chicago map (which includes 12 other Midwest cities) to fictional cities with very nicely done airports, to the 241st base at Porlamar, this is another one of those must-visit sites for those who want detailed addon maps. You will find detailed highway interchanges, ground objects like high-rises and skyscrapers etc. Or if you want something different, how about an actual rock band with characters that play musical instruments for YSFS?! Check it out!
- Owl's Addons - Much like Taskforce 58, Owl is one of the "early pioneers" of addon creation (in my books anyway). Contains simple and detailed aircraft, including the Airbus 320 family (with moving surfaces), and others like the Avro RJ family, simple versions of the Cessna Citation and much more. Also has the Zagreb, Croatia scenery, which is very skillfully done. Highly recommended!
- Oranleed's Collection - Another "must-visit" site for YS fans. This website goes back to the early days of YS Flight. Contains dozens upon dozens of detailed combat aircraft, heavy-lift aircraft, vehicles and more from the 1940's to the 2000's. Also contains some maps. Visit this page to download the awesome packs.
- PMNV Creations - The founder and CEO of NatComAir virtual airlines, PatrickN is yet another skilled creator in the YSFS community. His website contains high-quality, low-intensity sceneries and maps that range in size from the small yet fun Naval Air Station Pensacola to the vast Guam-to-Socal scenery, a "gathering" of several of his own sceneries into a fun map for any commercial aviation enthusiast (like me). Again, talking about five map packs, a vast array of quality ground objects and more will not do it justice, so without further ado I suggest you go and pay his website a visit (and download the sceneries). And did I mention he also repaints/mods aircraft?
- Takaty (Stargear) - Contains highly-detailed original aircraft, like the Classic 737 family (the -300, -400 and -500 variants), excellent high-quality ground service vehicles and a nicely done West-Japan map. Also has links to very detailed aircraft created by other modders, including the Dash 8-Q400 and Cessna CitationX. A must-visit!
- Tigershark (YS Flight Motorsport) - Proof positive that when one says anything is possible in YS Flight, one really means it! Tigershark has made a name for himself with his excellent, high-quality addons, such as aircraft repaints, new models and more recently, dream cars and sports cars. In fact, check out his cars page, you will be pleasantly surprised. Also contains other works like some Airbus repaints, a few maps and an entire pack of large cargo trucks that have been repainted with company logos. Go check it out!
YS Flight - Virtual Airlines (VAs)
The following links will take you to the home pages of the active VAs in the YS Flight Community. VAs are a great way to get involved and have fun, but they're not ones that make unrealistic requirements or make you be a "professional" pilot. It's all for good, clean fun! Check them out!
- National and Commuter (NatCom) Virtual Airlines (NCA) - NatCom Virtual Airlines has been around the YSFS scene for quite some time now, and it has steadily grown to include 9 maps as its service regions. NatCom has a diverse fleet ranging from small props/turboprops like the Beechcraft Super King Air and Cessna 182 all the way to the Boeing 747-400. The most recent addition to the fleet includes a Cessna CitationX and a Bombardier Dash 8 Q-400. 15 different types of aircraft in the fleet! Not to mention NCA has a hummer limo that provides ground transportation for elite passengers. A smaller "Bush Frontiers" division that flies mainly for remote services and bush pilot flying is also a part of NCA, and has mainly small props such as the Cessna 208 Caravan, the DHC-6 Twin Otter and Mitsubishi MU-2 Peacock. Natcom has multiple hubs and destinations in the virtual world, and with its recent acquisition of the former YGL Group airlines, has gained a new division and new hubs in Hawaii and the fictional Atlantica. Highly recommended!
- Penguin Airways VA - A quirky name, but nothing quirky about the operations of this VA. Penguin Virtual has been on the YS scene since 2011 and has a diverse fleet of aircraft, including Boeing products such as the 757-200 and 737-800, while the long-haul fleet mixes things up with 767s and 330 Freighters. Also included are the E195, 319 and MD-80. It also flies to multiple destinations around the virtual world. Definitely one of the more popular virtual airlines for YSFS with a unique livery.
- Abel Jets Group - A relative newcomer to the YS scene, Abel Jets has quickly made a name for itself, with its HQ in the city of Mandiola and main hub at the Mandiola International Airport, on Turbot Island. This VA's main region of operation is in the fictional Central Mediterranean Islands (which you can download on this site), and its second hub is located at Linbury City International Airport, in Linbury, on Winnsworth Island. Abel Jets is part of the large Abel Jets Group of VAs, which also includes Global Logistics, T-tail Airways and Abel Jets Hawaii. Not surprisingly, Abel Jets and the Abel Jets Group combined have a large and diverse fleet of aircraft, including but not limited to the Boeing 747-400, 767-200ER/300ER, both Classic and Next-Generation 737s, Airbus 319s/320NEOs, as well as several commuter models such as the Avroliner RJ-85, Dash 8-Q400 and Embraer Brasilia 120. Did I mention the various special livery aircraft and some unique fleet members like the Kawasaki C-2? Plus with its Hawaii division, a hub at Honolulu International Airport is also part of the Abel Jets Group network. Not to mention dozens of destinations around the virtual world. A visit to its website is definitely recommended if you're into VAs!